Unwrap some spooktacular fun with these mummy-inspired Halloween brownies! Perfect for your next haunted gathering or simply to satisfy a monstrous sweet tooth.
I’m on a Halloween sugar high this week – I kicked things off with Halloween Oreo Pops and now we’re on to these Halloween brownies. Yum.
If you’re looking for an impressive Halloween treat that won’t take you all day to make, this is the one. The mummy decorations are super simple to pull off, and easy enough to make with the kids.
And if you love this idea – be sure to check out my Mummy Cake Pops and Mummy Cupcakes too!
Supplies You’ll Need
In addition to your basic brownie ingredients, you’ll need a few items for making those cute little mummies.
Mini Twix Bars – You want these miniature sized Twix bars so they can fit on top of your brownies.
White Cookie Icing – Grab a tube of white frosting to draw on those mummies. I like this kind that comes with a piping tip attached.
Edible Eyes Candies – Add some candy eyeballs for that final spooky touch!
How to Decorate Mummy Brownies
To make your mummies, start by cutting your brownies into rectangles. Squares will work too, but I think the rectangles look a little more mummy-like.
I used a basic brownie recipe here, but you can use any brownie recipe you prefer. Then just proceed with the decorations!
Then place a mini Twix bar atop each of your cut brownies. Grab some edible google eyes and press them gently into the Twix bar to make your mummy’s face.
And finally, swirl some white cookie icing across the top to create the mummy effect. I actually did this with a spoon, but you might find it easier to throw the icing into a piping bag and then draw on your swirls.
More Halloween Treats
If you love these Halloween brownies, be sure to check these other festive ideas:
- 12 Mini Twix Bars
- White Cookie Icing
- Edible Eyes
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease your 9"x13" pan or line it with parchment paper for easy brownie removal.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the melted butter and sugar until smooth. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Stir in the vanilla extract.
- In a separate medium-sized bowl, sift together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt. This will ensure a lump-free batter and an even texture for your brownies.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet mixture, stirring just until combined. If you're adding chocolate chips, fold them in now.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan, spreading it out evenly. Pop it in the oven and bake for about 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out with just a few moist crumbs.
- Once baked, remove the brownies from the oven and let them cool in the pan on a wire rack. Once cooled, slice into 12 rectangles.
For the Mummy Decorations:
- Top each brownie with a mini Twix bar.
- Press two edible eyeball candies and gently press them into each mini Twix bar, towards the top of the bar.
- Using the cooking icing, draw a swirl back and forth over the Twix bar to create a mummy effect. Depending on just how steady your hand is, it may be easiest to put the icing into a piping bag for this step.
- Set them aside and allow the icing to firm up a bit before serving your Halloween brownies!