Champagne mangoes are worth getting excited about. We’ve written about them before in our Sweet & Spicy Mango Fajitas and Coconut Mango Overnight Oatmeal recipes. They’re sweet and perfect and they never have that weird stringiness you sometimes get with regular mangoes. Champagne mangoes are our jam. And now they’re our salsa. If we had to describe this salsa in one word, it would be refreshing. Even with the jalapeño, it’s the kind of salsa that’s good with spicy food because the mango and cucumber help balance the heat. Don’t have dippers, eat this salsa with a spoon. It’s that good.
- 1 ripe mango diced (about 1 cup)
- 1/2 small English cucumber diced (about 1 cup)
- 1/3 cup diced red onions
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 jalapeño pepper seeded and diced
- Juice from 1 lime
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Stir together all of the ingredients in a medium bowl. Serve with tortilla chips, tacos or burritos, or as a mix-in for cooked quinoa or millet.