This delicious Cream of Cauliflower Soup will delight the taste buds of even your pickiest child. Cauliflower contributes a significant amount of fiber to your diet and is a great food for dieters because it causes a feeling of satiety.
- 1/2 tbsp butter
- 1 head cauliflower
- 1 onion minced
- 2 potatoes
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- 2 shallots chopped
- thyme to taste
- basil to taste
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- Prepare the vegetables: slice the onion, cut cauliflower into florets, peel potatoes and cut into cubes.
- In a large saucepan, sauté onion in butter 1 minute.
- Add cauliflower and potatoes.
- Add vegetable broth and spices.
- Bring to a boil. Simmer 40 minutes over medium-high heat.
- Puree in the blender.