This Homemade Cream of Tomato Soup recipe is delicious and especially quick to make. In fact, it doesn’t take much longer than opening a can of tomato soup and warming it up.
In just 20 minutes, you can enjoy a homemade tomato soup, reduced in sodium, which can accompany many of your meals.
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 can 375 ml tomato or 6 tomatoes peeled and chopped
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 tsp thyme
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup cream 15%
- In a saucepan, combine butter, onion, and garlic. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring once.
- Add tomatoes, tomato paste, sugar, salt, pepper, and thyme. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Purée in a blender until mixture reaches the texture of your choice (I like it a little bit chunky). Then stir in the broth and cream.
- Garnish with fresh herbs and serve warm.