This post may contain affiliate links. Learn more here.
vegetarian recipes

A Vegetarian Thanksgiving Menu

A Vegetarian Thanksgiving Menu

A Vegetarian Thanksgiving Menu
I hope you’ve enjoyed the week of vegetarian Thanksgiving posts that I put together with Rikki! I’ve gotten so used to working on my own as a blogger that it’s nice to collaborate with someone else once in a while and see my food through another photographer’s eyes (or camera lens). And Rikki isn’t just an amazing photographer, but she’s also a great friend and mentor who totally gets my food, so I can’t imagine working with anyone else. I’m totally thrilled with how all of her photos turned out in theseย vegetarian recipes for a vegetarian thanksgiving menu!

A Vegetarian Thanksgiving Menu
Here’s our complete menu withย vegetarian recipes for thanksgiving main course:

Quinoa-Stuffed Acorn Squash RingsQuinoa-Stuffed Acorn Squash Rings

Roasted acorn squash rings stuffed with quinoa, apples, cranberries, sage, and cheddar. A main dish for vegetarians that also works as a side dish for everyone else!

Whipped Sweet PotatoesWhipped Sweet Potatoes

Vanilla-scented sweet potatoes lightly sweetened with maple syrup and topped with candied pecans. The perfect alternative to the typical marshmallow-topped sweet potato casserole.

Rosemary Roasted CarrotsRosemary Roasted Carrots

Heirloom carrots make this simple Thanksgiving side dish a showstopper.

Green Beans & Caramelized ShallotsGreen Beans & Caramelized Shallots

Tender roasted green beans are topped with caramelized shallots.

Wild Mushroom GravyWild Mushroom Gravy

Don’t forget the gravy! This Wild Mushroom Gravy is the perfect accompaniment to your favorite mashed potato recipe.

French Bread Stuffing with Swiss Chard & Caramelized Red OnionsFrench Bread Stuffing with Swiss Chard & Caramelized Red Onions

This is my favorite recipe from our Thanksgiving line-up. I’m usually not a big stuffing fan, but adding veggies and cheese to it makes it so much more flavorful.

Ginger Orange Cranberry SauceGinger Orange Cranberry Sauce

The secret ingredient in this cranberry sauce is ginger ale! Don’t be too intimidated to make your own cranberry sauce–it couldn’t be easier.

Slow Cooker Pumpkin Bread Pudding with Creme AnglaiseSlow Cooker Pumpkin Bread Pudding with Creme Anglaise

Make the creme anglaise a day in advance and let the bread pudding cook while you eat dinner and this dessert is completely stress-free. And since it’s made in the slow cooker, it frees up space in the oven too!

A Vegetarian Thanksgiving Menu
I hope through my recipes and Rikki’s stunning photography, we’ve been able to show you that a vegetarian Thanksgiving dinner doesn’t have to be about sacrifice or bland food or sad meat substitutes. As I like to say, when the food you’re eating is good, you focus on what’s on your plate, not what’s missing from it! Thanksgiving is about gratitude, family, and friendsโ€”not turkey.

A Vegetarian Thanksgiving Menu
I won’t be posting any new recipes next week, but I will be putting together a round-up of other vegetarian main dishes for Thanksgiving on Monday and I’ll be back with What I Ate This Week on Friday. I’m taking some time off next week, so if I’m a little slow with emails or comment replies, that’s why.

Katy @ Healthy Aperture
    November 19, 2012 at 12:16 pm

This looks absolutely amazing! So jealous!

@KatySkrzy

Stephanie @ henry happened
    November 19, 2012 at 9:44 pm

So what time is dinner?! I just realized I missed some of the ones that were on Rikki’s blog so I have to check them out – I’m on deck for the sweet potato casserole. I might get killed if it doesn’t have mini marshmallows so I might have to do 2 versions!

November 20, 2012 at 2:46 pm

Ha! Chris loves the one with marshmallows too, but I don’t eat them. ๐Ÿ™‚

November 20, 2012 at 4:18 pm

I missed all your Thanksgiving posts while I was away last week, so it’s nice to catch up on them with this post – and to see them all together on one plate! Looks like an amazing and filling vegetarian meal that I would be very grateful to eat on Thanksgiving! Hope you have a nice holiday ๐Ÿ™‚

Natalie
    November 20, 2012 at 8:57 pm

Such an amazingly gorgeous plate – it makes me want Thanksgiving all over again but with that exact plate of food!

Gabrielle
    November 21, 2012 at 8:55 pm

Gorgeous photos of mouthwatering dishes! ๐Ÿ™‚

Heidi @ Food Doodles
    November 23, 2012 at 1:50 pm

I seriously wish Canadian thanksgiving was behind your thanksgiving. It’s awesome that we have a huge family so we end up eating turkey dinner quite frequently. I gotta try out some of these dishes next time we do that ๐Ÿ˜€

Leah
    November 25, 2012 at 11:04 am

This looks amazing! We had two Friendsgiving parties in the last two weeks, and our resident vegetarian was so pleased that the only item on the menu she couldn’t eat was the turkey. I’ll have to try some of these next year, especially the gravy!

November 26, 2012 at 1:31 pm

Yeah, so often people forget that meatless does not necessarily mean vegetarian! It’s always nice to go to a dinner party and realize your options go beyond rolls and salad. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Leah
        November 26, 2012 at 6:18 pm

Especially with gravy and soup stock. Or, in Japan, surprise bacon in everything!

Kelly @ Texas Type A Mom
    November 25, 2012 at 10:00 pm

I love this! Everything looks so beautiful and fresh!

Meg @ Beard and Bonnet
    November 26, 2012 at 3:57 pm

Your recipes made the most brilliant additions to our Thanksgiving Dinner! Thank you so much for working so hard to put all of these recipes together. I can only imagine how much time you spent on all of this.

November 27, 2012 at 9:22 am

I’m so glad they turned out well! I kind of worried that people would make things and they wouldn’t turn out and I’d wake up to angry emails on Friday morning. ๐Ÿ˜‰ Which is why I obsessively tested these recipes multiple times before posting them!

Tori
    November 26, 2012 at 7:19 pm

I just recently stumbled across your blog & your recipes are amazing! I made your baby roasted carrots & the acorn squash with quinoa for our family Thanksgiving dinner and they were a hit! Even among the carnivorous men!

November 27, 2012 at 9:12 am

Thank you! I’m so glad to hear the Thanksgiving recipes worked out well. If the meat eaters will eat them without complaint, that’s definitely a good thing! ๐Ÿ˜€

Alyson
    December 11, 2012 at 1:20 am

Wow! That looks sensational! I’ve just decided to go back to being vegetarian after a few years off, this time I have to feed two tofu hating children, too Your recipes look like just what I need, can’t wait to try that mushroom gravy.

December 11, 2012 at 7:50 pm

Ha! Well, there are definitely a lot of options out there besides tofu, which is a good thing because I’m a little bit picky about it myself–I’m sure they will do just fine! ๐Ÿ˜€

Nicole @ Foodie Loves Fitness
    November 16, 2013 at 5:01 pm

Oh my gosh, I want to try every single thing on this menu! It all looks so beautiful and delicious!! Nice job!

November 17, 2013 at 8:42 pm

Thank you! I wish I always had someone else to photograph my food. ๐Ÿ™‚

Rose | The Clean Dish
    November 18, 2013 at 7:34 am

I am so impressed with your Thanksgiving menu!
    Beautiful images, too. Thanks for sharing this!

November 18, 2013 at 7:44 pm

Thank you! My friend Rikki took the photos–she is so talented! ๐Ÿ™‚

kira
    November 18, 2013 at 1:35 pm

So many yummies I am going to put on my college thanksgiving menu! Thank you! ๐Ÿ™‚

November 18, 2013 at 7:38 pm

Yay, I hope you enjoy them! ๐Ÿ™‚

Summer Cushman
    November 19, 2013 at 1:45 pm

These recipes look so great. And the photography is amazing… I’m not normally a food blogger, but this year I made an entire vegan thanksgiving menu: http://summercushman.com/2013/11/12/vegan-thanksgiving-menu/ You might specifically be interested in the pot pies.

Happy Thanksgiving!

November 20, 2013 at 8:50 pm

Thanks for sharing! Your menu looks amazing–I’m hungry just looking at it! ๐Ÿ™‚

Tamara
    November 19, 2013 at 5:46 pm

All these look delicious! I sure wouldn’t mind going for the vegetarian option this year if I’d have all these nice options on the table ๐Ÿ™‚

November 20, 2013 at 8:42 pm

The sides are always the best part of Thanksgiving anyway! ๐Ÿ™‚

Jeanette | Jeanette's Healthy Living
    November 19, 2013 at 11:31 pm

Stunning photography Rikki and I love all these recipes for Thanksgiving – such great inspiration! That plate would satisfy anyone – it is absolutely gorgeous!

November 20, 2013 at 8:38 pm

Thank you! I love Rikki’s photos. ๐Ÿ™‚

Grace @ Earthy Feast
    November 21, 2013 at 1:59 pm

Dang! This is so drool-worthy! Beautiful pictures for beautiful food!

Mahara
    December 2, 2013 at 5:20 pm

The Thanksgiving recipes look absolutely delicious. I am planning on making this menu for Christmas dinner (with a few adjustments as I can’t tolerate gluten or lactose)!
    I just had trouble opening recipes for the French bread stuffing and the Green beans with caramelized shallots. I saw them listed but it would just go back to the article not the recipe.
    Thanks so much!
    Mahara

December 4, 2013 at 8:21 pm

I just checked the links and they’re working for me, so I’m not sure what was happening on your end! If you follow the links and scroll down, the recipes are in the post.

L
    November 27, 2014 at 8:06 pm

Thank you for these. Everything was delicious! Just the new items we vegetarians needed!

Jessica
    January 2, 2015 at 4:14 pm

I made several of these recipes for my Christmas dinner party and they came out wonderfully! I made the green beans with shallots, mushroom gravy (over purple mashed potatoes), the mashed sweet potatoes and the cranberry sauce. The cranberry sauce and sweet potatoes were my favorites! Amazing, thank you so much for the recipes!!

Kiersten Frase
      January 6, 2015 at 4:05 pm

I love purple potatoes, but I’ve yet to mash them! ๐Ÿ™‚ I’m so glad the recipes worked out well – thanks for your comment!

Marcy Gregory
    October 15, 2015 at 12:52 pm

Ill be preparing my first vegetarian Thanksgiving, and I’d like to prepare this menu! I could only find two of the recipes from this 11/16/12 meal, the quinoa stuffed acorn squash and the wild mushroom gravy. Would you kindly forward me the link to the rest of the recipes from this divine looking menu?

Thank you in advance, I hope!

Marcy

October 20, 2015 at 9:02 pm

Hmm, if you follow the links to Rikki’s website, the recipes are there – I just checked. Are they not working for you?

Anne
    November 1, 2015 at 9:58 pm

It turns out I’ll be hosting Thanksgiving this year (gulp!). I want to make everything in this menu!!! But… cooking this number of dishes for a crowd of in-laws who are meat-eaters is making me so nervous!! I could really use a 3-day plan for this menu. Any chance you could throw one together?? Thanks!!

rosie
    November 8, 2015 at 9:52 pm

I have been a vegetarian for seven years and thanksgiving has always been a struggle for me. I can’t wait to still be able to savor that rosemary flavor. And gravy! I loved gravy! Man oh man. You guys do know how to create a good looking vegetarian dinner. Thanks for all the effort guys. It paid off.

jackelroy herbert
    November 17, 2015 at 4:55 pm

I needed recipes for these beautiful things. after printing 16 pages there is not a single one!! happy thanksgiving!!

• 1 2 3