Try this 15-Minute Vegetarian Pasta recipe for an uncomplicated weekday dinner. Ultra easy and delicious, it will make everyone happy—guaranteed!
- 12 oz pasta of your choice
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 French shallots finely sliced
- 2 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 1/4 cup red wine
- 1/4 tsp hot pepper flakes
- 3 1/2 cups cherry tomatoes chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves lightly packed and chopped
- grated parmesan optional
- salt and black pepper from the mill
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente.
- Drain the pasta—reserving 1/2 cup of the cooking water—and return to the saucepan.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat.
- Add the shallots and cook, stirring, for 3 minutes or until golden brown.
- Add the garlic and continue cooking for 1 minute.
- Add the wine and hot pepper flakes and cook, scraping the bottom of the skillet, until the wine has evaporated.
- Add the tomatoes and cook, stirring, for 1 to 2 minutes or until the skin begins to crease.
- In the saucepan, add the tomato mixture, reserved cooking water, and basil to the pasta and mix well to coat the pasta.
- Salt and pepper. Serve with Parmesan, if desired.