A perfect roasted vegan cauliflower soup! Enjoy a bowl of deliciousness for dinner, featuring a savory, garlicky flavor and a hint of cheesiness. Creamy and smooth, you'll never be able to tell that this soup is completely dairy-free.
We're deep into soup season, and I've been eating cauliflower soup on repeat. Trust me, even if you think you don't like cauliflower, you'll change your mind after trying this recipe. It's ridiculously easy, requiring just a few ingredients. But the result never fails to impress!
Featuring roasted cauliflower, garlic and onion, this soup is dairy-free deliciousness at its best. In fact, no one will be able to tell that this soup is 100% vegan! Even the harshest critics or the fussiest eaters - I can promise you that. Plus, you need just 30 minutes to make it from start to finish, making it perfect for a weeknight.
Ingredients and substitutions for vegan cauliflower soup
- Cauliflower, onion and garlic. These will be roasted to create the most amazing depth of flavor and texture.
- Olive oil for roasting the vegetables.
- Onion powder, cumin, salt and pepper for roasting the veggies. You can adjust the spices depending on personal preference. For instance, you can add paprika for a hint of spice, or turmeric for a bright orange color.
- Plant based milk of your choice. Use coconut milk for a creamy and rich texture.
- Nutritional yeast. This will add a hint of a cheesy flavor.
- Lemon juice for tanginess. Apple cider vinegar also works.
- Vegetable stock.
- Green peas. These are stirred in right at the end to give the cauliflower soup extra texture.
How to make vegan cauliflower soup
Firstly, preheat the oven to 350 degrees F/180 degrees C and line a large baking tray with parchment paper. To the baking tray, add the cauliflower, onion, garlic, olive oil, onion powder, cumin, salt and pepper. Stir to combine, making sure all the vegetables are well-coated in the seasoning. Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes.
When ready, transfer the roasted vegetables to a blender or food processor, but save some of the cauliflower for garnishing. Add plant based milk, nutritional yeast, lemon juice, vegetable stock, salt and pepper. Blend until smooth.
Pour the soup into serving bowls, and add equal amounts of green peas to each one. Serve garnished with extra roasted cauliflower.
Instructions for storage and freezing
You can keep leftover vegan cauliflower soup in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days. Reheat in the microwave or on the stove.
This is also a freezer-friendly soup. Store in ziplock bags or an airtight container, leaving some room for expansion. Allow to thaw fully in the fridge before reheating on the stove or in the microwave.
Other amazing vegan soup recipes
- My vegan split pea soup is comfort food at its best.
- You can't go wrong with a dairy-free French onion soup.
- A vegan tomato soup is always a good idea.
- My vegan sweet potato soup is a must-try.
If you give this vegan cauliflower soup recipe a go, be sure to tag me on Instagram (@ohmyveggies) so I can see your creations, and leave your feedback in the comments below together with a star rating!
- 1 Conventional oven
- 1 Baking tray
- 1 Blender or food processor
- Prepare the cauliflower. Remove the leaves and the stem, then chop it into medium-sized florets.1 head cauliflower
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F/180 degrees C and line a large baking tray with parchment paper.
- To the baking tray, add the cauliflower, onion, garlic, olive oil, onion powder, ½ tsp cumin, ½ tsp salt and pepper. Stir to combine, making sure all the vegetables are well-coated in the seasoning. Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes.1 large onion, 2 cloves garlic, 2 tbsp olive oil, ½ tsp cumin, 1 tsp salt, 1 tsp black pepper
- When ready, transfer the roasted vegetables to a blender or food processor, but save some of the cauliflower for garnishing. Add plant based milk, nutritional yeast, lemon juice, vegetable stock, and the rest of the salt and pepper. Blend until smooth.1 cup plant based milk, ¼ cup nutritional yeast, 1 lemon, 1 cup vegetable stock
- Pour the soup into serving bowls, and add equal amounts of green peas to each one. Serve garnished with extra roasted cauliflower.1 cup green peas