Our weekly vegetarian meal plans are 5-day menus that serve a family of 4 — or less if you don’t mind leftovers! Click on each of the meal links below to get printable recipes.
Here’s this week’s meatless meal plan:
Cheesy Broccoli and Pepper Baked Orzo // A comforting baked pasta dish that's super colorful and perfectly suited to summer.
Tomato Basil Veggie Burgers // These caprese-style veggie burgers are the quintessential summer dinner. Top them with whatever burger fixins you like!
Taco-stuffed Zucchini // Shells they are not, but zucchini make for a nutritious base for a savory crumbled-tempeh taco filling.
Sweet Potato and Tofu Enchiladas with Mole Sauce // Much of this recipe can be made ahead of time, and the sweet potatoes can be microwaved if needed, so no worries if you have a busy Thursday!
Sweet Corn and Coconut Milk Chowder // This vegan version of a comfort-food fave can be made as spicy or mild as you like.
Tips for This Week's Meal Plan
- If you have a large oven-safe skillet, use that to bake the orzo and save yourself a dish
- If you’ve got a hankering for a grilled veggie burger, you can bake them until they’re set and then transfer them to the grill to finish cooking
- Just about every component of enchilada recipe can be prepared a few nights before — the baked sweet potato, the tofu and the mole. Once you’ve got all the components ready to go, it’s just a matter of assembly and 20 minutes in the oven, then it’s enchilada time!
- Microwave the sweet potato for the enchiladas to save yourself an hour of roasting time
- Fresh corn should be a-plenty this time of year, but if you can't track any down or don't feel like cutting it off the cob, use frozen corn instead