This Honey Roasted Butternut Pumpkin Soup is a breeze to put together. Simply roast the pumpkin in honey and then purée with veggies into a delicious wintery soup. It's perfect for a cool autumn or winter day!
As much as I love the warmer weather, I love it when the days start to get a little cooler, and even better, when it rains. Why? Because it's perfect soup weather. In summer, especially a hot Brisbane summer, it's too hot for soups. So the moment there is a rainy, miserable day, I rejoice and make soup!
The recipe for this Honey Roasted Butternut Pumpkin soup uses lovely butternut pumpkin (otherwise known as butternut squash, to my northern hemisphere readers). Butternut pumpkin is my favourite pumpkin. I love its deliciously nutty sweetness—which is perfectly complimented with the honey when roasted.
After a long summer, do you look forward to the days when it starts to get cooler so you can enjoy soup, like me?
While you're here, be sure to grab our FREE 5-Day Meatless Meal Plan. It's packed with tasty recipes to make vegetarian cooking easy and delicious!
How To Make Honey Roasted Butternut Pumpkin Soup
- Preheat the oven.
- Place the pumpkin in a baking tray and toss with olive oil and spices.
- Roast in the oven until the pumpkin is softened and cooked through.
- In a large stock pot, heat olive oil and cook the onion, garlic, and celery.
- Add the pumpkin, stock, and rosemary to the pot. Stir to combine and then blend until smooth.
- Return the pot to the heat and add the cream. Stir through and simmer for 2–3 minutes.
- Serve with crusty bread.
See printable recipe card below for full instructions and list of ingredients.
Other Soup Recipes To Try
If you're a soup fanatic, have we got some recipes for you!
For those of us looking for a light, fresh soup—maybe even a summer soup—I recommend my tasty Thai Coconut Soup or this bright green Herbed Fresh Pea Soup. Craving comfort food? Try this delicious Lasagna Soup or my super-cheesy Vegan Broccoli Cheddar Cheese Soup. And for those who love a good, warm, creamy soup, we have this zesty Carrot Ginger Soup and creamy Cheesy Vegan Potato Leek Soup.
Of course, if you haven't tried my lovely Honey Roasted Butternut Pumpkin Soup, I would highly recommend giving it a taste!
No matter what you're looking for or what kind of soup you prefer, we've got you covered.
If you love vegan baking, make sure you grab a copy of my free vegan baking cheat sheet while you're here. It's packed with all my favorite plant-based substitutions to help you vegan-ize any recipe!
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F.
- Place the pumpkin in a baking tray and cover with 2 tablespoons of the olive oil, nutmeg, honey, salt, and pepper. Toss to ensure the pumpkin is coated evenly and roast in the oven until the pumpkin is softened and cooked through. Set aside.
- In a large stock pot, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil over a medium low heat and add the onion, garlic, and celery. Cook until the onion is softened and golden. Reduce the heat, if necessary, to stop the onion burning.
- Add the pumpkin to the pot along with the stock and rosemary. Stir to combine, and then blend with a stick blender until smooth. Alternately, pour the mixture into a blender and blend until smooth.
- Return the pot to the hot plate and add the cream. Stir through and simmer for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Serve with crusty bread.