This soup is surprising! When you take a perfect bite with a little bit of everything, it’s magic. It really tastes like lasagna, but it’s made in 30 minutes with a single saucepan. The lazy cook will be delighted!
Lasagna Style Soup
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 4- 6
- 1 diced onion
- 3 chopped garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 can (156 ml) of tomato paste
- 1 can (796 ml) diced tomatoes
- 2 bay leaves
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup lasagna pasta, broken in pieces
- 1 cup baby spinach
- Salt and pepper
- ½ cup ricotta
- ¼ cup Parmesan
- Fresh parsley
- In a large saucepan, cook the onion with a little oil just to soften it. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Add oregano and tomato paste. Continue cooking for 3 minutes, stirring.
- Add the tomatoes, bay leaves, and broth. Bring to a boil and add the pasta.
- Simmer over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally until pasta is cooked through, about 15 minutes. Add the spinach, parmesan, and ricotta at the end of cooking.
- Serve and garnish with parsley.