Asparagus is really an underrated vegetable. When treated properly, it's a veggie fit for any foodie. And this simple roasted asparagus recipe is one of my favorite easy side dishes. Fresh asparagus is roasted until tender and served up with flavorful capers and lemon!
Lately, I'm in love with this easy roasted asparagus recipe. It's fresh, flavorful, and ready in just 15 minutes!
Plus it's 100% vegetarian and vegan friendly. That's my kind of recipe.
How to Roast Asparagus
- Clean and trim the asparagus. Spread on a baking sheet and lightly coat with olive oil.
- Roast at 400 degrees for about 10 minutes, adjusting the time depending on their thickness.
- Toss the roasted asparagus with 1 tablespoon of lemon juice, 1 minced garlic clove, and 2 tablespoons of chopped capers.
- 1 bunch asparagus about 1 pound. washed and trimmed
- 1 tbsp lemon juice plus extra to taste
- 1 garlic clove peeled and minced
- 2 tbsp chopped capers
- olive oil spray
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400F degrees.
- Spread asparagus on a baking sheet. Spray with olive oil. Roast for about 10 minutes - it may take a bit more or less time depending on their thickness.
- When done roasting, toss asparagus with lemon juice, garlic, and capers. Add additional lemon juice plus salt and pepper to taste.