There is nothing simpler than this recipe for homemade Vegan Ramen Noodle Soup! This Japanese specialty is made with a thousand and one Asian flavors. A true emblem of Japanese cuisine, ramen soup is balanced and nutritious and will keep you warm during the cold season.
- 1 block firm tofu cubed
- 2 green onions chopped
- 1 1/2 cups mushrooms sliced
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tbsp white miso soup
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 1/2 tsp grilled sesame oil
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 8 oz ramen noodles
- coriander sesame seeds, and sprouts for garnish
- Sauté the green onions, mushrooms, and garlic with a little olive oil in a large saucepan for 2–3 minutes. Then add the tofu, miso, syrup, sesame oil, vegetable broth, and tomato paste.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce to low heat and let simmer 10 minutes.
- Add ramen noodles and let simmer for 2–3 minutes until noodles are cooked.
- Serve ramen with fresh coriander, sprouts, and sesame seeds.