Servings: 4 servings
- 4 small oranges halos are great!, halved and insides removed
- 1 c. pomegranate juice
- 1 tsp. agar agar powder not flakes
- ¼ c. white sugar (organic for vegan-friendly)
- ¾ c vodka
- 1/ c water
- Whisk together pomegranate juice, sugar, water, and agar agar powder in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer for 2-3 minutes until powder is fully dissolved, continuing to whisk occasionally.
- Remove from heat, add vodka slowly, stirring thoroughly
- Place orange halves upright in a small plastic container or dish. You want them to fit together snugly, but not be smashed in. Pour juice mixture into orange peels, careful not to over- or under-fill. Allow orange halves to rest on the countertop until almost solidified. (Agar agar is solid at room temperature.)
- Once filling is nearly solid, move wedges to refrigerator until completely chilled (about 2 hours). Carefully remove halves from container and cut into wedges with a sharp knife.
Calories: 258kcalCarbohydrates: 39gProtein: 1gFat: 1gSaturated Fat: 1gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 1gSodium: 7mgPotassium: 378mgFiber: 3gSugar: 35gVitamin A: 295IUVitamin C: 70mgCalcium: 67mgIron: 1mg
Craving more veg-friendly recipes? Shop our collection of vegetarian and vegan cookbooks, including our new Vegan Thanksgiving and Vegan Christmas cookbooks!