This vegan peach cobbler recipe is the perfect peach season dessert. Loaded with freshly sliced peaches, warm cinnamon spice, and a delicious cake crumble topping. Learn how easy it is to make homemade vegan peach cobbler.
If you are looking for a simple dessert you will want to make over and over again this peach cobbler is gonna be a hit. Pair with a scoop of vegan ice cream and dive in spoon first.
This is a tasty summer dessert that is loaded with flavor and a party dish everyone will love. If you want more vegan dessert ideas try out my strawberry shortcake, blueberry peach tart, or even this or my blueberry cobbler. All of these are easy dessert recipes that are vegan friendly.
This Vegan Peach Cobbler Recipe Is...
- Homemade Dessert
- Dairy Free
- Great Summer Dessert
How to Make Vegan Peach Cobbler
Full steps on how to make vegan peach cobbler are in the printable recipe card at the bottom of the post. This is a quick walk-through.
- Start by preheating the oven and prep your pan.
- Then in a bowl add your peaches, sugar, cornstarch, and cinnamon and mix well.
- Add peaches to pan, and set aside.
- Mix up the cobbler topping in a fresh bowl and spread over the peaches.
- Bake as directed, and then serve with whipped cream or ice cream if desired.
Helpful Tips for Vegan Peach Cobbler
You are welcome to use fresh, frozen, or canned peaches. Now, in that you can leave the skins on or peel. I find that peeling the peaches are going to allow you to have a less chewy texture. Feel free to opt what you prefer in terms of texture.
When you are baking your cobbler make sure to watch the topping of the cobbler and once the topping is baked fully remove from oven. As the cobbler sits a few minutes it will thicken a bit.
Variations to Peach Cobbler Recipe
Feel free to add or swap out the fruit used. Raspberries and peaches together are delicious, or strawberries and peaches. Feel free to use the same amount of fruit just change up the flavors you are using.
I at times will add ¼ teaspoon of cinnamon to the batter of the cobbler topping. This is going to help add even more flavor to the dough.
Consider sprinkling the top of the batter with slivered almonds, shredded coconut, or even sprinkle in some white chocolate chips on top of the peaches. This will add another dimension of flavor and texture.
Vegan Peach Cobbler FAQs
Why is my peach cobbler gooey?
Sometimes you will find that peaches release a lot of liquid as they bake and break down. If the peaches did release extra juice that could be why. The other reason is making sure you allow your topping to fully cook through.
How to store cobbler?
Cobbler can be stored at room temperature for 3-4 days, or you can refrigerate and store the cobbler for 5-7 days. You can eat the cobbler cold or warm it up in the microwave or oven.
How do you thicken a cobbler filling?
The cornstarch is the thickening agent for the cobbler filling. If you do not want to risk it not being thick you can do 1 ½ tablespoons of cornstarch up to 2 tablespoons to ensure it is nice and thick.
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- In a large bowl, combine the sliced peaches, sugar, cornstarch and cinnamon together.
- toss until all the peaches are well coated.
- Transfer the peaches to a 2 quart baking dish; set aside
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Whisk together until mixed.
- Pour in the melted vegan butter and almond milk.
- Mix until dry ingredients are just moistened and forms like a cake batter.
- Spoon the cake batter over the peaches
- Bake in preheated oven for 50-55 minutes, or until the filling is bubbly and the cake is golden
- Serve warm with vegan whipped cream if desired