Brussels sprouts are often paired with bacon for that hint of smokiness, which helps to counteract the slightly bitter taste of this veggie. Instead of adding some type of meatless bacon, today’s recipe makes use of chipotle peppers in adobo sauce. Chipotle peppers have a distinct smoky flavor (as well as some heat!) and really help to infuse the sprouts with that desired savory kick.Print
Smoky Maple Chipotle Brussels Sprouts
Sweet and spicy roasted Brussels sprouts flavored with maple syrup and chipotle peppers. A simple, easy side dish.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- 1 large shallot, diced
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved lengthwise (quartered if large)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon minced chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup raw pecans, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF.
- Add the shallot and Brussels sprouts to a rimmed baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, maple syrup, chipotle peppers, garlic and salt. Drizzle the mixture over the veggies on the baking sheet, mix to combine and spread in an even layer.
- Bake for about 15 minutes, stirring once halfway through, until tender. Sprinkle with the pecans.