This Broccoli and Parmesan Soup is rich, creamy, and totally delicious. This one-pot meal is perfect for chilly fall and winter evenings. Yum!
The classic broccoli cheddar soup has always been a favorite of mine. But this broccoli parmesan soup is a nice change of pace - with a lighter and fresher flavor. But still warming and comforting for cool winter nights.
Beautifully colored and rich in flavor, this soup is prepared quickly and with very few ingredients. And that makes it just perfect for a weeknight meal.
And of course, broccoli is full of vitamins and healthy nutrients, so you can enjoy it without any restriction! Which is great, because I ate about four bowls of it. 😉
This Broccoli and Parmesan Soup is:
- Made from scratch with fresh broccoli.
- Easy to make with just a few simple ingredients.
- Packed with flavor.
- Rich and creamy (without adding cream!)
Oh, and it's a great way to get the kids to eat those veggies!
Tips & Tricks
I recommend using an immersion blender to puree the soup. But if you don't have one, you can transfer it to a regular blender for that step. Just be careful handling the hot soup!
This Broccoli Parmesan Soup is perfect for meal prep! It will keep for 3-5 days in the fridge, or up to 3 months in the freezer.
Just defrost and reheat on the stove when ready to serve. I do recommend freezing before adding the parmesan, and stirring that in when you reheat.
If you love this Broccoli and Parmesan Soup, check out these other tasty ideas:
- Pasta with Cheese and Broccoli
- Broccoli, Cheddar, and Brown Rice Casserole
- Broccoli Parmesan Meatballs
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion peeled and diced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 head broccoli about 3-4 cups
- 2 potatoes peeled and cubed
- ¾ cup Parmesan cheese divided
- parsley fresh, for serving
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the onion and cook for 3-4 minutes, until softened.
- Add the garlic and cook for 1 more minute. Add the broccoli florets, potatoes, and vegetable broth to the saucepan. Bring to a boil. Then reduce to a simmer and cook for 20-30 minutes, until broccoli and potatoes are fork tender.
- Use an immersion blender to puree the soup to a creamy consistency. If you do not have an immersion blender, transfer the soup to a regular blender for this step, and then return it to the pot.
- Stir in ½ cup of the parmesan cheese, and stir until well combined.
- Serve sprinkled with fresh parsley and the remaining parmesan cheese.