This pasta with cheese and broccoli is a fast and simple dish to prepare.
To make this dish even more complete, you can add diced tofu. The cheddar can be replaced by another grated cheese according to your tastes. For a crunchy touch you can also sprinkle crushed nuts like cashews or hazelnuts on top.
- Preparation: 10 min
- Cooking time: 15 min
- Serving: 4
- 3 ½ cups broccoli, cut into bunches and stems
- 300 g fettuccine pasta
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons white flour (all-purpose)
- 1 ⅓ cup milk
- ⅔ cup cheddar cheese
- 1 pinch of nutmeg grated
- ½ cup pasta cooking water
- 1 pinch salt
- pepper to taste
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese
Prepare the broccoli: Wash and separate the bouquets. Peel and remove the fibrous part of the stems and cut them into small pieces. Add them to boiling water for 3-4 min, drain, and keep warm.
- Cook pasta as directed on the package
- In a saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the flour and cook for 2 minutes while stirring. Gradually add milk while whisking. Bring to a boil, then add the grated cheese while stirring until smooth.
- Add the broccoli and nutmeg. Salt and pepper. Lengthen the sauce with a few spoonfuls of the pasta cooking water.
- Pour the drained pasta into the pan. Mix well.
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese.