This one pot vegan lemon pasta is tangy, fresh, comforting, and bursting with a zesty lemon flavour. Make it in less than 20 minutes using just one pot and simple, wholesome ingredients. Perfect for a weeknight dinner!
My love for pasta is pretty much infinite. At this stage, I eat it at least every other day, and I don't plan on stopping any time soon. There's just so much versatility when it comes to cooking pasta, not to mention how straightforward it is - in other words, perfect for a busy day dinner.
Even better if said pasta dish contains vegetables and an amazing amount of flavour. Which is where this vegan lemon pasta comes in. If you want to have something delicious and wholesome for dinner but not sure what, here is a perfect idea for you! No matter what season it is, I love distinctive lemony flavours in savoury dishes. The whole dish tastes brighter, and almost like I'm eating something gourmet from the comfort of my own home.
Why you'll love this one-pot vegan lemon pasta
There's a lot to love about this dish. Here are just a few reasons:
- It's made using only one pot! Which means, you don't have to run around the kitchen juggling 50 different pans. It's as straightforward as putting everything into one saucepan, and also saving on unnecessary washing up.
- It's dairy-free, but this doesn't take away from the incredible creaminess, so no one will be able to tell that this meal is plant based1
- Ready in less than 20 minutes. If you love quick dinners, this is the perfect option for you.
- Super easy to make. The preparation is super easy, and the final product is pretty much impossible to mess up.
- Versatile. You can add any other vegetables of your choice as well as the zucchini and tomatoes, or stir in beans for some extra protein.
- A perfect meal prep option! This lemon pasta is great for batch cooking and storing in the fridge for whenever you're ready to eat.
Ingredients and substitutions for this delicious lemon pasta
- Olive oil for sautéing the vegetables.
- Garlic and onion which will be sautéd at the start to release an incredible amount of flavor.
- Seasoning: cumin, paprika, turmeric, salt and pepper.
- Broccoli. I love adding broccoli to pasta dishes for a great way to get in those greens!
- Green peas. You can use either fresh or frozen.
- Pasta of your choice. Use gluten-free pasta if you want to keep this dish gluten-free.
- Lemon juice. I would recommend using freshly-squeezed for the best results.
- Plant based milk of your choice. Any variety works well. For an extra creamy lemon pasta, use coconut milk from a can.
- Vegetable stock.
- Cornstarch. This is added right at the end to thicken the sauce.
How to make it!
Start by heating the olive oil in a large pan and adding the onion, garlic, cumin, paprika, turmeric, salt and pepper. Cook for 3-4 minutes, until softened and fragrant.
Now add the broccoli, peas, pasta, lemon juice, plant based milk and vegetable stock. Simmer over a medium heat for 10-12 minutes, until most of the liquid had been absorbed, and stir frequently.
At the last minute, stir in the cornstarch and serve when the sauce thickens.
Storing and freezing one pot pasta
This pasta keeps well in the fridge for 3-4 days in an airtight container. However, I would not recommend freezing it because when de-frosted, the sauce turns out grainy.
Other delicious vegan pasta recipes
- You can't go wrong with a creamy vegan pasta salad
- Smoky tofu eggplant pasta is comforting and flavorful.
- My tahini garlic pasta is great for a weeknight dinner.
- Chickpea pasta with mushrooms is super easy to make.
- My vegan carbonara is a must-try!
Let me know in the comments: what's your favourite one-pot meal? If you give this one-pot vegan lemon pasta a go, be sure to tag me on Instagram (@ohmyveggies) so I can see your creations, and leave your feedback in the comments below together with a star rating.
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan and adding the onion, garlic, cumin, paprika, turmeric, salt and pepper. Cook for 3-4 minutes, until softened and fragrant.1 tbsp olive oil, 1 large onion, 3 cloves garlic, 1 tsp cumin, 1 tsp paprika, 1 tsp turmeric, ½ tsp salt, ½ tsp black pepper
- Add the broccoli, peas, pasta, lemon juice, plant based milk and vegetable stock. Simmer over a medium heat for 10-12 minutes, until most of the liquid had been absorbed, and stir frequently.2 cups broccoli, 1 cup peas, ¼ cup lemon juice, 1 ½ cups plant based milk, 1 ½ cups vegetable stock
- Stir in the cornstarch and serve when the sauce thickens.2 tbsp cornstarch