When you puree chia seed pudding, it becomes smooth and creamy just like traditional pudding. In this recipe for Mexican Chocolate Chia Seed Pudding, I also added cinnamon and cayenne—because why not? It works for my breakfast shake, and it works really well in this pudding too. Bonus: you can totally have this chia seed pudding for breakfast. Breakfast pudding! We'll live like kings!
- ⅓ cup chia seeds
- 1 cup unsweetened almond or other non-dairy milk
- 2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp maple syrup I used Grade B
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- pinch of cayenne optional
- Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight or at least 8 hours.
- Transfer mixture to a high-powered blender and blend until completely smooth. If pudding is warm from blending, return to refrigerator until chilled. (Alternately, you can just stir the pudding and eat it without blending.)