Our weekly vegetarian meal plans are 5-day menus that serve a family of 4 — or less if you don't mind leftovers! Click on each of the meal links below to get printable recipes.
Here's this week's meatless meal plan:
Vegan Caprese Sandwiches with Garlic Cashew Cheese // Take advantage of all the great tomatoes in season right now with this fresh and easy vegan take on caprese sandwiches.
Pasta with Cilantro Pesto, Fresh Corn and Tomatoes // This pasta dish pretty much screams summer. And it's ready in 25 minutes!
Black Bean and Pepper Jack Stuffed Poblano Peppers // Hearty black beans and spicy cheese get baked inside mild poblano peppers in this easy casserole.
African Peanut Soup // Homemade soup in 30 minutes? Yep! This vegan and gluten-free soup is creamy and filling thanks to peanut butter, coconut milk and sweet potato. Berbere spice makes it downright heavenly.
Tikka Masala Tofu and Vegetables // It's Indian night, but way cheaper. And way more delicious. And no leaving the house required.
Tips For This Week's Plan
- The caprese sandwiches could also be made into wraps if you have extra tortillas or collard leaves. And feel free to pile on additional veggies you have in the fridge.
- Check your CSA box or garden to see if you have heirloom tomatoes—those would be fabulous in the caprese sandwiches and pesto pasta
- If you don't want to make the cashew cheese, buy another vegan cheese or fresh mozzarella—or sub in hummus
- To help the cilantro last until Thursday, place it upright in a glass of water in the fridge. If you have extra on Thursday, it would be lovely on the Tikka Masala.
- Garnish the stuffed peppers with any remaining corn, tomatoes or cilantro pesto from Tuesday
- Freeze the leftovers of Thursday's soup to have for lunch or a quick dinner next week