The great thing about this salad is that it is extremely simple and quick to prepare! It can easily be made from remaining quinoa that you've already cooked! So, if you have other recipes with quinoa on the menu for the week, you can go ahead and cook a little more to make this salad with your planned surplus! There are only two other steps in the recipe: cook the quinoa, and mix all the ingredients of the salad together.
The lemon zest really brings a touch of freshness to this quinoa and feta salad, so don’t forget it! If you have fresh basil in the garden, you could put some in with the mint. Their tastes would marry very well!
Healthy and delicious, this recipe that can be kept for several days in the refrigerator. It's ideal for lunches. Be careful not to add too much salt, as the feta cheese and olives already contain some.
- Preparation: 15 minutes
- Cooking: 15 minutes
- Total: 30 minutes
- Serving: 6
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cup water
- 2 sliced green onions finely chopped
- 1 cup sliced cherry tomatoes
- ½ cup corn
- 1 yellow pepper in small cubes
- ½ cup Kalamata black olives
- 1 jar of 200 g diced feta cheese
- 1 tsp. lemon zest
- 10 fresh mint leaves minced
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 tbsp. White balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tbsp. maple syrup
- Salt and pepper from the mill
- Bring the water to a boil, then add the quinoa. Reduce to low heat, cover, and simmer for 15 minutes. Remove from heat and let stand for 5 minutes. Swell with a fork. Let cool.
- In a large bowl combine the vegetables, feta cheese, mint, oil, and the balsamic vinegar. Season with salt and pepper.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour, and serve cold.