This grilled pear and Arugula salad is a fresh, springy salad that zings your tastebuds and finishes with a sweet surprise. You can also grill up the pears by themselves as a fantastic side dish!
Servings: 2 servings
- 4 cups arugula
- ½ cup fresh cilantro chopped
- ¼ cup shaved radish
- ¼ cup shaved English cucumber
- ¼ cup walnut oil
- 2 tablespoons champagne vinegar
- Kosher salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 large pears cored and quartered
- Preheat grill to high.
- Add arugula, cilantro, radish, cucumber, walnut oil, vinegar, and salt to a large mixing bowl. Toss until well coated.
- Spread olive oil mixture on all surfaces of the pears. Place the pears on the grill and cook for 1 to 2 minutes or until grill marks appear. Gently flip the pears over and grill another 1 to 2 minutes, or again until grill marks appear. Remove from heat.
- Arrange equal amounts of grilled pear between individual plates, add salad to the center of each plate and serve.
Calories: 422kcalCarbohydrates: 30gProtein: 2gFat: 35gSaturated Fat: 4gPolyunsaturated Fat: 18gMonounsaturated Fat: 12gSodium: 22mgPotassium: 434mgFiber: 7gSugar: 19gVitamin A: 1278IUVitamin C: 17mgCalcium: 89mgIron: 1mg
Craving more veg-friendly recipes? Shop our collection of vegetarian and vegan cookbooks, including our new Vegan Thanksgiving and Vegan Christmas cookbooks!
Something to say? Leave a comment.