Give these Easy Parmesan Crisps a try for a simple and crunchy snack that is super satisfying. These crisps are topped with everything-but-the-bagel seasoning for even more savory flavor. In just 15 minutes you have a guiltless snack.
If you are a fan of cheese, whip up a batch of these to have on hand. Parmesan crisps are a great alternative to chips for when you're craving a crunch.
This Easy Parmesan Crisps recipe is...
- Quick and easy
While you're here, be sure to grab our FREE 5-Day Meatless Meal Plan. It's packed with tasty recipes to make vegetarian cooking easy and delicious!
How to Make Easy Parmesan Crisps
- Preheat oven and line baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mat.
- Shred parmesan cheese and place into small piles on baking sheet.
- Sprinkle cheese piles with seasoning.
- Bake in the oven until cheese is flat, crispy, and golden.
- Remove crisps from oven and allow the cheese to cool.
Full directions for how to make Easy Parmesan Crisps are in the printable recipe card at the bottom of the post.
- Cut out two sheets of parchment paper.
- Shred parmesan cheese and place into piles on one sheet of parchment paper.
- Add other parchment paper on top of cheese piles.
- Cook cheese for 2 minutes in microwav, then let crisps cool for 1 minute.
- Place parmesan cheese crisps on paper towels to soak up excess grease.
Helpful Tips & Tricks for Easy Parmesan Crisps
Pile Cheese On Baking Sheet
Make sure to make mounds of cheese on your baking sheet or parchment paper. Don't worry about them being too high—the cheese will bake down and become flat.
By piling the cheese high, you are making sure all the cheese sticks together. Otherwise, your cheese may separate a bit and then you won't have any solid crisps to eat!
Cook Time May Vary
Just know that the cook time in the recipe is a possible cook time. Depending on the brand of cheese and the size of your cheese piles, you might need to bake your parmesan cheese a bit longer or shorter than the recommended 6–8 minutes.
Variations to Easy Parmesan Crisps
For this recipe, you can use any seasonings you want! Or skip seasonings altogether and make cheese-only crisps—the choice is yours.
Some of my favorite parmesan-crisp seasonings are...
- Garlic salt with parsley
- Salt and pepper
- Montreal steak seasoning
- BBQ dry rub
Type of Cheese
You can use any flavor of cheese you want for your crisps. Whatever kind of cheese you choose, just make sure to shred the cheese off the block. Pre-shredded cheese can contain excess grease and starches that won't give your crisps the best texture.
Easy Parmesan Crisps FAQs
How should you store parmesan crisps?
These crisps are best eaten fresh as they will be nice and crispy when they are first made. If you do not eat them right away, store any leftover crisps in the fridge. You will find they soften up once they are refrigerated, but they will keep their cheesy seasoned flavor.
Can I use powdered parmesan?
Do not use powdered parmesan for this recipe. It won't melt down and form chip-like crisps the way shredded parmesan does.
Shaving the parmesan yourself is best for this recipe. Some pre-shredded varieties of parmesan have non-caking agents added to them that will also keep the cheese from melting properly.
And if you're looking for even more tasty lunch ideas, go check out my new e-book Healthy Plant-Based School Lunches. It's loaded with all my favorite tips for making meatless school lunches that the kids will love!
- 2 cups parmesan cheese shredded
- 2 tbsp everything bagel seasoning optional, or your own favorite spices
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats.
- Arrange the parmesan cheese into little piles on the baking sheet. Each cheese pile should be approximately 2 tbsp of cheese and 2–3" apart from other piles.
- Sprinkle the everything bagel seasoning onto each parmesan cheese mound. (This is optional—the crisps are also delicious plain!)
- Bake for 6–8 minutes until the cheese crisps are flat, crispy, and golden on the edges.
- Remove crisps from the oven and allow the cheese crisps to cool before removing from baking sheet. They will continue to crisp up for a few minutes after being removed from the oven.