These Creamy Tomato Egg Noodles are a quick and easy meal that will please the whole family! So simple to make, this dish hardly even needs a recipe.
Sometimes you just need a big bowl of creamy pasta to set the world right again. And this one is sure to hit the spot.
These Tomato Egg Noodles are creamy and savory and loaded with flavor. And they're so quick and easy, that they make a great weeknight dinner idea.
The flavorful sauce only uses a handful of ingredients, and the egg noodles cook up in a just a few minutes.
And ta-dah! A vegetarian dinner that your whole family - even the kids - will love to eat.
Tips & Tricks
If you don't care for egg noodles, you can swap the noodles for your own favorite type of pasta. This works well with spaghetti or fettucine also.
You can make this recipe vegan by using a vegan-friendly pasta variety and a packaged dairy free cream cheese.
The meatless ground beef crumbles (made from soy) add a nice layer of texture and flavor to the pasta, and help it feel more substantial. But they are totally optional. The sauce is very tasty without it too!
If you love this recipe, check out these other vegetarian meal ideas:
- 16 oz egg noodles
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 28 oz crushed tomatoes canned
- 14 oz diced tomatoes canned
- 3 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 1 cup meatless ground beef optional
- ½ cup cream cheese
- freshly ground pepper
- In a saucepan bring water to a boil and cook pasta as directed on the packaging.
- In another saucepan, over medium-high heat add olive oil and sauté onion for 5 min.
- Add crushed tomatoes, diced tomatoes, garlic, meatless ground beef, and let it simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add cream cheese and mix well to combine everything
- Rinse the pasta, place back in the saucepan and add the sauce. Mix well.