Banana Strawberry Oatmeal Muffins
Breakfast muffins made with yogurt, oatmeal, whole wheat flour, and fruit. Adapted from Banana Yogurt Oatmeal Muffins.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 12 muffins
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 1 (6 oz) container plain non-fat Greek yogurt
- 1 cup ripe banana, mashed
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup strawberries (frozen or fresh), chopped
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Spray a muffin pan with cooking spray or fill with paper liners.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, brown sugar, baking powder, and baking soda.
- In a medium bowl, stir together oats and yogurt until well-combined. Stir in banana, oil, and egg.
- Pour wet mixture into the flour mixture. Stir until moistened—do not over-mix! Fold in strawberries.
- Divide mixture evenly into muffin cups. Bake for 17–20 minutes or until toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean.
- Serving Size: 1 muffin