This Banana Strawberry Oatmeal Muffins recipe includes whole wheat flour and yogurt, making these the perfect nutritious breakfast muffins. They have everything you need to start your day: whole grains, fruit, and yogurt. Oh! And guess what else? They freeze beautifully.Print
Banana Strawberry Oatmeal Muffins
Breakfast muffins made with yogurt, oatmeal, whole wheat flour, and fruit. Adapted from Banana Yogurt Oatmeal Muffins.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 12 muffins
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 1 (6 oz) container plain non-fat Greek yogurt
- 1 cup ripe banana, mashed
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup strawberries (frozen or fresh), chopped
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Spray a muffin pan with cooking spray or fill with paper liners.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, brown sugar, baking powder, and baking soda.
- In a medium bowl, stir together oats and yogurt until well-combined. Stir in banana, oil, and egg.
- Pour wet mixture into the flour mixture. Stir until moistened—do not over-mix! Fold in strawberries.
- Divide mixture evenly into muffin cups. Bake for 17–20 minutes or until toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean.
- Serving Size: 1 muffin