This delectable Summer Pasta Salad recipe contains many different textures and flavors. It's perfect for potlucks or gatherings around the BBQ!
Servings: 8 servings
- 2 ½ cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup orzo pasta uncooked
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cups tomatoes diced
- 1 cup cucumber diced
- 1 bell pepper
- 6 green shallots chopped
- 3 tbsp parsley
- 3 tbsp white balsamic vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- ½ tsp salt
- In a saucepan, bring broth to a boil.
- Add the orzo and boil for 10 minutes.
- Drain. Place in a bowl with 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- Add all the vegetables (tomatoes, cucumbers, peppers, shallots) to the orzo.
- In a small bowl, mix together the balsamic vinegar, remaining oil, garlic, salt, pepper, and parsley.
- Add the dressing to the orzo and mix well.
Calories: 169kcalCarbohydrates: 22gProtein: 4gFat: 7gSaturated Fat: 1gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 5gSodium: 448mgPotassium: 265mgFiber: 2gSugar: 5gVitamin A: 1072IUVitamin C: 28mgCalcium: 23mgIron: 1mg
Craving more veg-friendly recipes? Shop our collection of vegetarian and vegan cookbooks, including our new Vegan Thanksgiving and Vegan Christmas cookbooks!
Something to say? Leave a comment.