This Vegan Blueberry Banana Bread is a super-moist, super-scrumptious dairy-free banana bread recipe, studded with fresh blueberries. Even if you're not vegan, you will love this delicious bread!
Photos by Rikki Snyder.
There's something just so warm and comforting about a warm loaf of bread fresh from the oven. It's one of those simple pleasures in life - know what I mean?
But today we're kicking it up a notch with this brand new Vegan Blueberry Banana Bread. It's loaded with - you guessed it - fresh blueberries! This might just be the ultimate summer treat (or a close second to my vegan blueberry muffins).
Between the blueberries and the bananas, this is a dense, moist bread that makes a perfect weekend breakfast. Add a dollop of coconut milk whipped cream and it's a fantastic vegan dessert option too.
Tips & Tricks
Be sure to use full fat coconut milk - not the light version and not coconut cream. They are all different ingredients, with very different thicknesses.
Your bananas should be very ripe - bordering on overripe to get the best flavor.
Here's a little trick for adding the blueberries to your bread. Before adding them into the batter, toss them in a light dusting of flour. This keeps them from sinking and giving you a layer of blueberries on the bottom side of your bread!
To store this bread, wrap it tightly in plastic wrap and keep in the refrigerator. It will keep fresh for 3-5 days. You can also freeze it for 1-2 months.
If you love this recipe, be sure to check out these other delicious ideas:
While you're here, be sure to grab our FREE 5-Day Meatless Meal Plan. It's packed with tasty recipes to make vegetarian cooking easy and delicious!
- 6 tablespoons warm water
- 2 tablespoons ground flax seeds
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ cup coconut milk the kind in a can—not the light kind either!
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- ½ cup melted coconut oil
- ⅔ cup granulated sugar
- 3 large ripe bananas mashed
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Combine the warm water and ground flax seeds in a large bowl. Let them sit for a few minutes, until the mixture has the consistency of egg whites.
- Whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon in a medium bowl.
- Add the coconut milk, lemon juice, coconut oil, sugar, and bananas to the flax mixture. Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet mixture and fold in the blueberries.
- Spray 3 small bread tins (or 1 large one) with an oil mister or grease them lightly with coconut oil. Pour the batter into the tins and place them on a baking sheet. Bake the small loaves for 30-40 minutes, or a large one for about an hour, until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean; the bread will be dense and moist. Cool for 5 minutes, then remove the loaves from the bread pans and finish cooling on a rack.
- To store leftovers, wrap tightly in plastic wrap and refrigerate.