This recipe for Stuffed Vegan Mexican Sweet Potatoes is tasty and simple to cook! The salty Southwestern flavors combine well with the sweet potatoes.
- 2 sweet potatoes baked
- olive oil
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper cubed
- ¼ cup frozen corn
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tbsp cumin
- ½ cup cooked quinoa
- Cook sweet potatoes on a plate for 40–45 minutes at 450°F.
- Leave for 10 minutes and make an incision along the length. Once cooled, cut the sweet potato in half.
- Heat the oil in a skillet and brown onion and pepper.
- Add the corn and the spices. Cook for another 2 minutes, then add the cooked quinoa.
- Put the quinoa mixture on top of the sweet potatoes.
- Garnish with salsa and cilantro.