This sweet salty recipe is tasty and simple to cook!
Stuffed Mexican Sweet Potato
- Prep Time: 20
- Cook Time: 50
- Total Time: 1 hour 10 minutes
- Yield: 2
- 2 sweet potatoes, baked
- olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper, cubed
- ¼ cup frozen corn
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tbsp cumin
- ½ cup cooked quinoa
- Cook sweet potatoes on a plate for 40-45 minutes at 450°F.
- Leave for 10 minutes and make an incision along the length. Once cooled, cut the sweet potato in half.
- Heat the oil in a skillet and brown onion and pepper.
- Add the corn and the spices. Cook for another 2 minutes, then add the cooked quinoa.
- Put the quinoa mixture on top of the sweet potatoes.
- Garnish with salsa and cilantro.