Pretty in pink is what you will find in these strawberry kiss cookies! A strawberry cake mix cookie that is rolled in sugar and topped with a chocolate Hershey Kiss. Give these strawberry cookies a try for an easy and delicious dessert this week.
These strawberry kiss cookies are...
- Cake mix cookies
- Strawberry flavored
- Easy prep
- Simple ingredients
- Great for Easter or Spring
How to Make Strawberry Kiss Cookies
- Begin by combining the dry strawberry cake mix, butter, and egg in a large bowl.
- Next, add in the cream cheese and mix until well incorporated.
- Cover the bowl and chill the cookie dough.
- Take the wrappers off of the chocolate kisses and place the sanding sugar in a small bowl.
- Once the dough is chilled, roll it into balls and then roll each ball in the sanding sugar.
- Bake as directed.
- When the cookies are done, let them cool for about 2 minutes before pressing a chocolate kiss into the center of each one.
Tips For for Making Cookies
Whisk or electric mixer
Depending on the recipe, you may need a whisk or an electric mixer to combine the ingredients. You will find that a hand or stand mixer will work the dough quicker.
You will need baking sheets to place the cookies on for baking. I like to use parchment paper or silicone baking mat to prevent the cookies from sticking to the pan.
Tips for Making Kiss Cookies
Softened Cream Cheese
You need to make sure your cream cheese is softened to mix it up. Otherwise, the cookies will not combine properly.
Placing Hershey Kiss on Cookies
Make sure to allow the cookies to cool a bit before you place the Hershey's Kiss on top. Otherwise, it will fully melt the Kiss on top of the cookies. 2-4 minutes is all you need to wait.
Variations to Cookie Recipe
Use any flavor of cake mix you would like. From chocolate to vanilla cake mix. Just use the cake mix you prefer in terms of flavor.
Skip rolling the cake mix cookies in sugar. This is going to skip the sweet sugar topping on the cookies. You can place the cookies on the baking sheet and bake the same without the sugar.
Instead of granulated sugar use powdered sugar instead. This will be more of a crinkle sugar cookie instead. Which is delicious and you can still top with a chocolate.
Use any flavor of Hershey Kiss flavored chocolates. You can use a holiday flavored chocolate or a twist of white and milk chocolate from a Hugs Hershey Kiss.
Strawberry Kiss Cookies FAQs
Do the Hershey kisses go on the cookies before or after baking?
The Hershey kisses are placed in the center of the cookies after baking. If you placed them on before cooking they would melt.
Can I use a different type of chocolate instead of Hershey kisses?
Yes, you can use a different type of chocolate in place of Hershey kisses, such as other larger sized pieces of chocolate. Dove chocolates would be a great topper in replace.
Can I freeze the cookies?
Yes, you can freeze the cookies in an air-tight container for up to 3 months. Then when you are ready to eat simply thaw on the counter at room temperature.
- Large bowl
- Small bowl
- Rubber spatula
- Cooling rack
- 1 Strawberry Cake Mix
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- 1 large egg
- 4 ounces cream cheese softened
- Pink sanding sugar
- 48 chocolate kisses
- In a large bowl, mix together the dry strawberry cake mix, butter and egg.
- Then, combine in the cream cheese until well incorporated.
- Chill the cookie dough for at least one hour. Preheat the oven to 350°F, and line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper, remove the wrappers off of the kisses, and place the sanding sugar in a small bowl.
- Once the dough is chilled, roll the cookies into tablespoon balls, and roll the balls in the sanding sugar.
- Line each cookie ball in the baking tray.
- Bake cookies for 8-10 minutes. Let the cookies sit for about 2 minutes
- Place a chocolate kiss into the center of the cookie, and transferring the cookies to a cooling rack.
- Once the cookies are cooled, store the cookies in an air-tight container and store at room temperature.