Wondering how to incorporate legumes into a classic chocolate dessert? (of course you are) The answer is Secret Ingredient Black Bean Brownies! The beans will go unnoticed and nobody will suspect your secret ingredient. Adding legumes to the recipe improves the nutritional value of these brownies by adding fiber and protein. You can enjoy these brownies for dessert, as a snack, or even after your workouts.
Servings: 16 servings
- 1 can black beans rinsed and drained
- 3 eggs
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- ⅓ cup cocoa
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup white sugar (organic for vegan-friendly)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a baking dish with parchment paper.
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix until you have a smooth texture.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared baking dish.
- Bake for about 35 minutes.
Calories: 63kcalCarbohydrates: 7gProtein: 1gFat: 4gSaturated Fat: 3gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 31mgSodium: 15mgPotassium: 39mgFiber: 1gSugar: 6gVitamin A: 45IUVitamin C: 1mgCalcium: 7mgIron: 1mg
Craving more veg-friendly recipes? Shop our collection of vegetarian and vegan cookbooks, including our new Vegan Thanksgiving and Vegan Christmas cookbooks!
Something to say? Leave a comment.