Serve up this Roasted Cauliflower with Lemon, Garlic, and Herbs. This cauliflower will win anyone over—meat-eater and vegetarian alike. A simple and easy recipe, this roasted cauliflower is made with simple everyday ingredients.
Elevate your side dishes and try out this recipe this week. This roasted cauliflower is dairy-free, vegetarian, vegan, and naturally gluten-free. Even better, this low carb side dish or main dish recipe is ready in about 30 minutes!
This Roasted Cauliflower with Lemon, Garlic, and Herbs recipe is...
- Low carb
- An easy side dish or main
How to Make Roasted Cauliflower with Lemon, Garlic, and Herbs
- Preheat oven and prep oven-safe pan.
- Pour oil into pan and add cauliflower; stir to coat.
- Roast for 20–30 minutes or until fork tender.
- In a small bowl, mix up lemon and herb mixture.
- Pour mixture over roasted cauliflower, toss, and serve warm.
Full directions for how to make Roasted Cauliflower with Lemon, Garlic, and Herbs are in the printable recipe card at the bottom of the post.
Tips & Tricks for Roasted Cauliflower with Lemon, Garlic, and Herbs
Make sure that you pour your cauliflower into the pan in an even layer. The cauliflower florets won't all fully cook if they're stacked on top of each other.
Depending on the size that you cut your florets, their cook time will vary. Just try to cut your cauliflower into similar sizes, so all of your florets will cook evenly. Obviously, smaller pieces will cook faster than thicker and larger florets.
Variations to Roasted Cauliflower with Lemon, Garlic, and Herbs
The options to season your cauliflower are literally endless. From a simple seasoning salt to a mix of lemon and pepper, there are plenty of delicious options. Have fun and try out your favorite spices and herbs!
Toss in Sauce
You can melt down some butter and mix it with your spices. Then you can drizzle the butter mixture over your now roasted cauliflower or toss it together in a bowl to evenly coat.
If you own an air fryer, you can air fry your cauliflower at 375°F for 10 minutes, toss, and then cook longer until the cauliflower is done.
Roasted Cauliflower FAQs
How do you know when roasted cauliflower is done?
Take a fork and poke a piece of the cauliflower. When it is fork tender as a potato would be when you poke it, you know it's done. Cauliflower is very hard, so you want the fork to easily go in and out of the floret.
How should you store leftover cauliflower?
Store your leftover cauliflower in the fridge in an airtight container. The cauliflower will store for 3–5 days in the fridge. You will find the cauliflower does soften up quite a bit as it is chilled in the fridge.
Do you need to wash cauliflower before cooking it?
You do need to wash your cauliflower before cooking with it. Run your cauliflower under cold water to remove any dirt and debris that could be left on the cauliflower. If you buy prepped florets, however, they will likely already be washed.
- 1 head cauliflower
- ½ bunch parsley finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- 1 lemon zested & juiced
- salt and black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Chop cauliflower into florets.
- Place them in an oven-safe pan with one tablespoon of olive oil. Roast for 20–30 minutes, until fork tender.
- In a small bowl, mix together the garlic, parsley, remaining olive oil, and the zest and juice of one lemon. Add black pepper and salt to taste.
- When cauliflower is finished roasting, toss with the garlic, lemon, and herb sauce and serve.