The advantage of this recipe is that it requires very few ingredients. These Apple and Cottage Cheese Muffins are quickly mixed, quickly baked—and quickly eaten! They can be transported easily to eat on the go, in the office, or at school.
The inspiration for this recipe came from my having leftover cottage cheese, which I decided to incorporate into some muffins. (Because, why not?)
The cottage cheese is the secret ingredient in these muffins. It makes these muffins so tender and gives them an enjoyable, creamy taste.
And that oatmeal streusel topping is just totally irresistible!
Tips & Tricks
These cottage cheese muffins make a great base recipe for all kinds of muffin creations. Try adding fresh or frozen berries or nuts for a new spin.
If you love these apple and cottage cheese muffins, check out these other tasty ideas:
- 25 On-the-Go Breakfast Ideas
- Date and Apple Muffins
- Healthy Carrot Muffins
- 16+ Healthy Homemade Snack Recipes
- 1 ½ cups whole-wheat flour or all-purpose flour
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 cup cottage cheese at 1% M.G.
- 1 cup apples grated
- ¼ cup oil
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup oatmeal
- ¼ cup butter melted
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Line a muffin tin with paper liners.
- In a large bowl, combine dry ingredients—flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In another bowl, mix remaining ingredients. Pour wet mixture over dry ingredients and blend until dough is smooth.
- Pour into muffin tins.
- Mix together the ingredients for the topping and sprinkle on top of the muffins.
- Place muffin tin in the oven and bake for about 20 minutes.