This Whole Wheat Chocolate Chip Pancake Mix in a mason jar makes for an awesome (and delicious) DIY holiday gift!
This simple pancake mix is easy to make, reasonably healthy, and the addition of mini chocolate chips makes it a sure crowd pleaser too.
Simply prepare the dry pancake mix, pack it in mason jars, print out the labels below, and package it up with a bottle of maple syrup. Ta-dah! An inexpensive and personal gift that everyone can love.
And then instead of going to the mall to battle the holiday shopping crowds, you can chill out at home in your pajamas and watch Love Actually marathons while assembling your awesome homemade pancake mix gifts.
Now doesn't that sound like more fun?
While you're here don't forget to check out our new Vegan Christmas Cookbook. It's packed with all my favorite tried and true recipes for a plant based holiday feast!
Printable Labels for the Pancake Mix
Click on the links below to download printable jar labels by Anna from In Honor of Design:
Print the labels on sticky paper or use rubber cement to affix them to your jars.
More Holiday Ideas
And if you're still planning your holiday menu, be sure to check out our brand new Vegan Christmas cookbook!
- 3 ½ cup old-fashioned oats
- 4 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 3 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 tbsp baking soda
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips use more if you want!
- Place oats in food processor. Process until finely chopped (not powdered!).
- Combine oats, flours, sugar, baking powder, salt, and baking soda in bowl of a stand mixer. Using paddle attachment, mix on low speed. As mixer is running, slowly drizzle oil into bowl. Continue to mix until well-combined. Gently fold in chocolate chips.
- Transfer to mason jars or other airtight containers. Mix can be kept for up to two weeks at room temperature or indefinitely in the refrigerator or freezer.