Grab your zucchini and fresh summer squash and make this oven roasted zucchini and squash. Olive oil, garlic powder, salt and pepper and parsley for garnish. A simple but delicious side dish.
The beauty of this is it is an easy and quick side dish. Or if you are vegetarian or vegan eat it as a main dish. Try out this roasted cauliflower, balsamic brussels sprouts, or even these crispy potatoes.
This Oven Roasted Zucchini and Squash Recipe Is...
- Gluten Free
- 20 Minute Side Dish
- Quick and Easy Prep
- Oven Baked Vegetables
- Dairy Free
How to Make Roasted Zucchini and Squash
Full steps on how to make roasted zucchini and squash is in the printable recipe card. This is a quick walk through.
- Preheat the oven and prep your baking sheet.
- Slice up your zucchini and squash and toss in a bowl.
- Add the rest of the ingredients, tossing to coat evenly.
- Spread out on the baking sheet and bake as directed.
- Once crispy and tender, sprinkle with parsley and serve.
Tips for Making Roasted Zucchini And Squash
So I prefer to use a rimmed baking sheet when I roast vegetables. I find that it is great so you can spread the vegetables out in an even layer. Otherwise, if you have your veggies stacked it will create an uneven cook.
Spread in a Single Layer
Make sure you spread your vegetables in an even layer on the pan. That way the vegetables roast evenly.
Evenly slice your zucchini and squash. I like to use a mandoline for slicing the vegetables. You will find you can chop, slice, etc. You can use a knife, but I find the mandoline works great.
Variations to Zucchini and Squash Recipe
Consider adding in other vegetables to the mixture to cook. Sliced peppers, onions, etc. You can create this side dish with a mix of vegetables.
Feel free to use any type of seasonings you would like. Cajun, lemon pepper or any other flavors. Feel free to use your favorite spices to flavor your veggies.
If you do not want to roast in the oven whip up the recipe and cook in the air fryer. Do 425 degrees F and then cook for 5 minutes, flip, and repeat. Cook until the veggies are done to your preference.
Once the veggies are fully cooked you can grate fresh parmesan cheese on top for a twist of flavor. It is a great compliment to the flavors.
Roasted Zucchini and Squash FAQs
Do you peel the zucchini and squash before cooking?
The nice thing about zucchini and squash is it has a very thin skin. So you will not need to peel it before cooking. If you prefer it skinless go ahead, but the skin helps keep the squashes together.
How to store the leftover vegetables?
Store your veggies in an airtight container in the fridge. The squash lasts for 2-4 days. You will find that the squash will soften up a good amount once it cools down.
- Preheat oven to 425 F, line a baking sheet with parchment and set aside
- In a large bowl, toss together the zucchini, yellow squash, olive oil, garlic powder, salt, and pepper until zucchini and squash is uniformly coated in oil and seasonings
- Spread the zucchini out onto the parchment paper in a single layer.
- Then bake in preheated oven 15-20 minutes, or until tender and just starting to crisp on the outside
- Sprinkle with fresh parsley and serve immediately