Our weekly vegetarian meal plans are 5-day menus that serve a family of 4 — or less if you don’t mind leftovers! Click on each of the meal links below to get printable recipes.
Here’s this week’s meatless meal plan:
Grilled Veggie Banh Mi Sandwiches // Make sandwiches a little fancy with this Asian-inspired recipe. We used eggplant, zucchini and bell peppers, but feel free to use other grillable veggies.
Green Goddess Wedge Salad // Yes, iceberg lettuce is relevant again! This retro-inspired salad gets extra sustenance from smoky roasted chickpeas and avocado.
Smoked Cheddar Mac & Cheese with Baked BBQ Tofu // Smoky cheddar and BBQ tofu will scratch just about any comfort-food itch you’ve got.
Tempeh Tacos // Crumbled tempeh has that familiar ground-beef texture without the meat. This recipe makes 6-8 tacos, so buy more ingredients (or make some sides) if you’re expecting a crowd for Taco Night.
Couscous Bowls with Za’atar Chickpeas and Roasted Cauliflower // No worries if you can’t find za’atar seasoning. Simply make it yourself using this recipe—or an approximation thereof.
Tips for This Week's Plan
- Serve 2 wedges of salad per person if you’re extra hungry, or serve extra bread from Monday’s sandwiches alongside
- If you don’t want to make mac & cheese from scratch, you could sub in your favorite boxed variety
- Add any leftover grilled veggies from Monday to Tuesday’s salad or Wednesday’s mac & cheese
- Substitute vegan cheese, butter and milk in Thursday’s recipe if you want vegan mac & cheese, or buy a vegan boxed variety
- Double the tempeh filling for the tacos and freeze it for later—or refrigerate it and do tacos again over the weekend
- Make couscous on Wednesday or Thursday night, store in the fridge and reheat on Friday while you make the other za'atar bowl ingredients