This crispy, cheesy Jalapeno Cheddar Crackers recipe is sure to be a crowd-pleaser. It's made with whole wheat flour, so it's not entirely unhealthy either!
It's Super Bowl Time!
(Ok, I don't know when you're reading this. But it was Super Bowl time when I wrote it.)
With the Super Bowl right around the corner, I feel like I should post something snacky. I'd probably be a bad food blogger if I didn't, right?
Because we all know there's really just one reason to look forward to the Super Bowl. And it doesn't involve football or commercials. FOOD!
Glorious snack foods. This I can do.
So I made some Jalapeño Cheddar Crackers. And they're pretty darn good—not just for Super Bowl snacking, but anytime snacking. They're cheesy, crunchy, and a little bit spicy.
Did I mention that they're easy too? Because they are!
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup white whole wheat flour whole wheat is fine too
- ½ tsp salt
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup sharp cheddar cheese shredded, divided
- 1 jalapeño pepper seeded & minced
- sea salt for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Whisk together flours and salt in a medium bowl. Set aside 2 tablespoons of cheese. Stir in olive oil, water, remaining cheese, and jalapeño. Mix until just combined, careful not to overwork the dough. If needed, add another tablespoon of water to moisten.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. I used a rimmed sheet, but an unrimmed sheet would work too. Transfer cracker dough to baking sheet and roll out it out as thin as you can—about the thickness of a saltine. Use a knife or pizza cutter to mark dough into rectangles. (Don't cut the dough all the way through, just draw lines on it.) Sprinkle tops of crackers with reserved cheese and sea salt.
- Bake for 20–30 minutes or until crisp and just beginning to brown. Baking time depends on the thickness of the crackers, so be sure to keep an eye on them! Allow to cool completely, then break along lines. Store crackers in an airtight container; if they get stale, bake at 225°F for 10 minutes or until crisp.