This crushed pineapple cake is loaded with flavorful pineapple and topped with a decadent cream cheese frosting. It's like summertime on a plate! Plus, it's super easy to make with just a few simple ingredients.
Not only are pineapples one of the tastiest fruits out there, but they're also loaded with vitamin C and healthy antioxidants.
That means we can count this crushed pineapple cake as healthy, right?
Well, maybe not after we slather it in cream cheese frosting.
But it's still one of my favorite fruits, which is why it makes a frequent appearance on the site. Check out some of my other favorite pineapple recipes: pineapple ice cream, pineapple rum pops and pina colada poke cake.
Let's Make Crushed Pineapple Cake
This crushed pineapple cake is so simple and quick to pull together. It's a perfect choice when you have last minute guests or need to come up with a quick dish to take to a party.
Start by preheating your oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
Then mix together you dry ingredients in a mixing bowl: flour, sugar, baking soda, salt.
Once that's all equally distributed, add your eggs, crushed pineapple, and vanilla, and mix well.
I used canned pineapple for this cake, because it was simpler. Plus, pineapples aren't really in season right now. But if you can get your hands on some fresh pineapple, feel free to use that instead!
If you go with fresh pineapple, just make sure that you cut out the hard center when you chop it. That way, you'll just have the easily crushable part of the pineapple.
When your crushed pineapple cake batter is ready, pour it into a 9" by 13" glass baking dish. Make sure to grease the dish so that the cake comes out easier when it's done.
Bake the cake in the oven for 20 minutes, and then cover it loosely with foil to prevent it from over browning.
We're going for a deep golden brown, like banana bread.
Put the covered cake back in the oven for 5 to 10 minutes, until you can put a toothpick in the middle and have it come out clean.
Then let the crushed pineapple cake cool before you put on the finishing touch - the delicious cream cheese frosting.
Making the Cream Cheese Frosting
To cut down on cooking time, you can make the cream cheese frosting while the cake is in the oven.
The frosting is simple to make with just four ingredients - cream cheese, butter, powdered sugar, and vanilla.
Take the softened cream cheese and butter, and beat it with an electric mixer until it's smooth and creamy.
Then add in your powdered sugar and vanilla to thicken it up and add some more flavor to it.
When you're cake is cooled, drop dollops of the cream cheese frosting on top, then smooth it into a thick layer of icing.
And that's it - you're crushed pineapple cake is ready to dig into. Enjoy!
More Tasty Recipes
If you love this crushed pineapple cake with cream cheese frosting, be sure to check out these other delicious ideas too:
- 13 Delicious Pineapple Cakes
- 10 Best Summer Cupcake Ideas
- Easy Pineapple Poke Cake
- Pineapple Upside Down Cake
Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 4 tablespoons butter softened
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Whisk together the flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt.
- Add the eggs, crushed pineapple, and vanilla and mix well.
- Pour the cake batter into a greased 9x13 inch glass baking dish. Bake the cake for 20 minutes at 325 then cover loosely with foil to prevent over browning. Return to the oven to bake for an additional 5-10 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted into the center of the cake.
- Cool completely then ice the cake with homemade cream cheese frosting.
Cream Cheese Frosting:
- Beat the butter and cream cheese with an electric mixer until smooth and creamy. Add vanilla and powdered sugar and mix well.