When I chose this recipe to share on Oh My Veggies, I picked it for 2 reasons: first, it was easy and had very few ingredients, and second, because I thought it would be a hit with my toddler. But I really didn’t expect that much because, I mean: carrot fries. How good could they be?
They are good. So good. They’re crispy, cheesy and completely addictive. You might want to double the recipe because your family will eat these up and demand more. Mooooore! They’re perfect for pairing with your next veggie burger or grilled cheese, but they’re so simple to make, you might just want to whip them up as a healthy weekend snack too.
Martha Stewart’s Vegetables: Inspired Recipes and Tips for Choosing, Cooking, and Enjoying the Freshest Seasonal Flavors is the latest cookbook from the editors of Martha Stewart Living. I have several Martha Stewart cookbooks and they’re some of the most-used books in my collection. This one might be my favorite yet—it breaks down vegetables into different types (roots, tubers, flowers, etc.) and includes recipes for main dishes, appetizers, soups, salads and more.
Your whole family will love these cheesy carrot fries, baked to crispy perfection, from Martha Stewart's new cookbook.
- 1 pound carrots, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch-thick sticks
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup finely grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 425ºF. Toss together carrots, oil, and cheese in a large bowl until evenly coated; season with salt and pepper.
- Arrange in a single layer on two rimmed baking sheets. Bake, rotating sheets and tossing carrots halfway through, until golden brown and crisp, 20 to 25 minutes. Serve immediately.