This cranberry orange spritzer is a festive non-alcoholic drink for the holidays made with fresh cranberries, orange juice, and sparkling water.
This was supposed to be a post with photos of all the delicious things I baked to bring with us when we visited our families for Christmas. But I didn't do any baking. And we are not on our way to make that visit - thanks to a weather snafu.
And you know what didn't seem like the best idea? Making several batches of holiday treats when Christmas is just going to be the three of us.
So no holiday baking. But what did seem like a great idea was holiday mocktails! So instead I created this Cranberry Orange Spritzer.
While you're here don't forget to check out our new Vegan Christmas Cookbook. It's packed with all my favorite tried and true recipes for a plant based holiday feast!
I mean, not only are cranberries holiday appropriate, but they're also healthy, right? Perfect!
If there were such a thing as cranberry Orangina, this would taste just like it--it's very orange-y, but with a tart kick from the cranberries.
And while I made this as a non-alcoholic mocktail - you can totally add some vodka if you prefer. 😉
Anyway, for those of you who celebrate, I hope you have a very Merry Christmas!
And if you're still planning that holiday menu, be sure to check out these other delicious ideas:
- My Vegan Christmas Cookbook (new!)
- 100+ DIY Food Gifts for the Holidays
- Gingerbread Waffles
- 5-Minute Vegan Egg Nog
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
- 2 cups freshly-squeezed orange juice about 5 large oranges
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 inch piece ginger peeled and sliced into thick coins (optional)
- 2 cups sparkling water chilled (or more if you like it less sweet)
- Combine cranberries, orange juice, sugar, and ginger in a medium pan over medium-high heat; bring to a boil. Continue to boil until cranberries begin to pop. Once cranberries have popped open and softened, use the back of a wooden spoon to smash them against the side of the pan. Remove from heat and cool.
- Strain cooled cranberry mixture into a bowl through a fine mesh sieve. Discard solids and refrigerate juice until chilled, about an hour. Transfer juice to pitcher and stir in sparkling water. Serve with cranberries or orange slices as garnish, if desired.