These chocolate pomegranate cookies have a fantastic granola taste and, even though they're small, they're substantial enough that one is quite satisfying. This recipe makes 40 cookies and if you lack that self-control like I do, you'll want to freeze a bunch--thaw them on the countertop or zap them in the microwave for a few seconds before eating.
- 1 ½ c. rolled oats
- ¾ c. whole wheat flour
- ½ tsp. baking powder
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. ground cinnamon
- ½ c. unsalted butter softened
- ¼ c. white sugar (organic for vegan-friendly)
- ½ c. brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- ½ c. dried pomegranate seeds if you cannot find them, use chopped dried cranberries or cherries instead
- ½ c. mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, combine ingredients through cinnamon. Using an electric mixer, cream butter and both sugars until incorporated. Add egg and vanilla, mix thoroughly. Add oat mixture and mix until just combined. Fold in seeds and chocolate chips.
- Drop large teaspoons of batter onto 2 ungreased cookie sheets, about 1 inch apart. Bake for 13-15 minutes or until golden. Let cookies rest on cookie sheets for 2 minutes, then cool on wire racks.