This easy, creamy Cauliflower and Zucchini Bake is perfect for the vegetables there always seem to be too much of! Simple spices and Parmesan cheese add a cozy, delicious warmth to this side that make it the perfect dinner enhancer!
- 1 large cauliflower broken into evenly-sized florets
- 1 tbsp butter softened
- 1 large zucchini cut into 0.5 cm | 0.25" thick slices
- 1 large summer squash cut into 0.5 cm | 0.25" thick slices
- ⅔ cup heavy cream
- ⅔ cup creme fraiche
- 1 large egg yolk
- ¾ cup Cheddar grated
- 1 cup Parmesan shredded
- rosemary sprigs to garnish
- kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 190°C (170° fan) | 375°F | gas 5. Grease an oval baking dish with the softened butter.
- Blanch the cauliflower in a large saucepan of salted, boiling water for 4-5 minutes until tender to the point of a knife. Drain and refresh in iced water.
- Drain again and arrange in the baking dish with the sliced zucchini. Whisk together the cream, creme fraiche, egg yolk, Cheddar, and seasoning.
- Pour over the vegetables in the baking dish and scatter over the shredded Parmesan. Season with more salt and pepper.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes until golden-brown and bubbling at the edges. Remove from the oven and leave to cool briefly before garnishing with rosemary.