These quick and easy carrot fritters are packed with flavor from carrots, onions, and herbs. Yum!
What do you do with an abundance of carrots? That was the question I asked myself recently. Thanks to our farm box deliveries we've been inundated with carrots.
Carrot cake is always an option of course, and in fact I did make one using an unusual recipe. But I've been craving a savory carrot recipe lately, so the search for a great carrot recipe continued until I stumbled onto the simple idea of carrot fritters.
I'd made corn fritters recently, which were delicious, but as carrots can be quite sweet and intense, I wasn't sure how carrot fritters would turn out. But they were fantastic and my meat loving fiancé absolutely loved them too. So much so I've made these twice in a week.
These carrot fritters are so quick and easy to make too, especially if you have a food processor with a grater attachment, which is a great thing because I've been feeling exhausted lately, so spending hours cooking isn't something I've not been doing much of these days.
Serve the carrot fritters with a wedge of lemon and natural yoghurt as well as a delicious salad, or two, and you have a fantastic lunch or dinner on those hot summer days.
They fritters can also be served cold, making them the perfect picnic food. You can even make mini carrot fritters to serve at a party. I'll be sharing one of the delicious salads I've been serving with these fritters on Friday, so keep an eye out for that!
More Tasty Ideas
If you love these carrot fritters, be sure to check out these other delicious ideas:
- 6 large carrots peeled and coarsely grated
- 6 spring onions finely chopped
- 1 tsp of ground cumin
- 1 tsp of ground coriander
- ½ cup of fresh coriander chopped, cilantro
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 2 eggs beaten
- ½ cup of flour
- ½ tsp of sea salt
- 2 tablespoons of oil
- Combine the carrot, spring onion, ground cumin, ground coriander, fresh coriander, salt and garlic in a bowl and mix to combine. Add the beaten eggs and flour and mix until just combined.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan over a medium to high heat and add spoonfuls of the mixture and use a spatula to flatten the mixture into discs. Cook until golden on each side, roughly 2 minutes, before draining on paper towel and placing in a warm oven to keep warm while you cook the remaining fritters.
- Serve with a wedge of lemon, a crunchy salad and a spoonful of natural yoghurt.