This Vodka Pasta Sauce recipe will blow your mind! Serve this at your next get together with family or friends and you will impress everyone.
- 1 lb penne
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 2 shallots chopped
- 1/3 cup vodka
- 1 398 ml or 14 oz can tomato sauce
- 1 cup 15% cooking cream
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- parmesan grated, to taste
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large pot of salted, boiling water, cook the pasta as directed on the package. Drain, but reserve 80 ml (1/3 cup) of cooking water. Set pasta and cooking water aside.
- Heat oil to medium heat in a large pan. Sauté garlic and shallots in oiled pan for 1 to 2 minutes. Deglaze and flambé with vodka, then let reduce 2–3 minutes.
- Add the tomato sauce to the garlic and shallots. Let reduce a few minutes, then add the cream and oil.
- Salt and pepper to taste. Add the pasta and mix well with the sauce.
- Divide in plates, sprinkle with parmesan cheese, and serve.