This flavorful Vegetarian Red Beans and Rice Burritos recipe is quick and easy to make. Switch it up by removing the tortilla and making it into a burrito bowl!
Servings: 4 servings
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 red pepper chopped
- 1 ½ tsp seasoning with chili
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- 1 19 oz can red beans
- 2 cups rice cooked
- 1 cup cheese
- 4 to rtillas
- ½ cup salsa of commerce
- ½ cup sour cream
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion, garlic, pepper, chili powder, and cumin. Sauté until onion and pepper are tender.
- Drain and rinse the red beans. Add the beans and cooked rice to the onion mixture.
- Reduce heat and cook over medium heat for 2 to 3 minutes, until the mixture is hot, stirring constantly. Remove from heat.
- Place about ½ cup of the rice mixture and ¼ cup of cheese in the center of each tortilla.
- Wrap the tortilla on itself and top with 2 tablespoons of salsa and sour cream.
Calories: 694kcalCarbohydrates: 98gProtein: 18gFat: 25gSaturated Fat: 10gPolyunsaturated Fat: 3gMonounsaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 45mgSodium: 642mgPotassium: 444mgFiber: 4gSugar: 6gVitamin A: 1923IUVitamin C: 41mgCalcium: 318mgIron: 3mg
Craving more veg-friendly recipes? Shop our collection of vegetarian and vegan cookbooks, including our new Vegan Thanksgiving and Vegan Christmas cookbooks!
Ooh! I am gluten free and will use corn tortillas. This sounds easy and fast. Thanks!
Michaell Johnson says
This is so excellent for busy weeknight! Great recipe. 🙂 And the red peppers are such a great addition...I'd love to add a jalapeño in there too from my garden. So yum.
What a delicious and hearty lunch or dinner - I'll look forward to it!