This flavorful Vegetarian Red Beans and Rice Burritos recipe is quick and easy to make. Switch it up by removing the tortilla and making it into a burrito bowl!
Vegetarian Red Beans and Rice Burritos
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 20
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 4
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 1/2 tsp seasoning with chili
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 (19 oz) can red beans
- 2 cups rice, cooked
- 1 cup cheese
- 4 tortillas
- 1/2 cup salsa of commerce
- 1/2 sour cream
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion, garlic, pepper, chili powder, and cumin. Sauté until onion and pepper are tender.
- Drain and rinse the red beans. Add the beans and cooked rice to the onion mixture.
- Reduce heat and cook over medium heat for 2 to 3 minutes, until the mixture is hot, stirring constantly. Remove from heat.
- Place about 1/2 cup of the rice mixture and 1/4 cup of cheese in the center of each tortilla.
- Wrap the tortilla on itself and top with 2 tablespoons of salsa and sour cream.