This edible vegan cookie dough is a delicious, healthy-ish dessert that you can pull together in just 5 minutes. Sweet, indulgent, and loaded with dark chocolate chips. Grab a spoon and dig in!
I’m going through a serious cookie dough phase at the moment. I’ve been testing so many different variations of it and every single one makes my life a little bit better.
There's something utterly satisfying about digging into a bowl of cookie dough as opposed to actual cookies!
Nothing against actual cookies, because we can all agree that they’re pretty phenomenal. In fact, these vegan chocolate chip cookies are one of my faves.
But today is all about the cookie dough, the chocolate chips, and bringing them together to make next-level deliciousness.
The best thing about this recipe is that it comes together in just 5 minutes!
It’s also healthier than most traditional cookie dough recipes (and even most vegan ones), made with almond flour and sweetened with maple syrup.
You can leave out the chocolate chips if you want to make this oil-free as well, or replace them with frozen berries, dried fruit or nuts.
This vegan cookie dough is:
- Edible without baking!
- 100% vegan
- Egg-free and dairy-free
- Healthier than most cookie dough recipes
- Ready in 5 minutes
What ingredients do I need?
- Gluten-free oat flour. You can also use standard gluten-free all-purpose flour. To make your own oat flour, blend gluten-free oats in a blender or food processor.
- Almond flour. This is pretty essential and I wouldn’t recommend swapping it out. I’ve tried this recipe with coconut flour and the texture was slightly off.
- Coconut sugar.
- Good quality sea salt.
- Maple syrup.
- Plant based milk of your choice. Leave this out if you want a drier texture.
- Peanut butter. Alternatively, use any other nut or seed butter of your choice. Tahini works really well!
- Chocolate chips. Leave these out to make the recipe oil-free.
How do I make it?
It couldn’t be easier! Firstly, stir together the dry ingredients (oat flour, almond flour, coconut sugar and salt).
Then, add the maple syrup, plant based milk and peanut butter. Stir together really well, using your hands if necessary, until a sticky cookie dough ball forms.
Finally, fold in the chocolate chips using a rubber spatula. Grab a spoon and enjoy!
More Vegan Desserts
If you love this edible vegan cookie dough, go check out these other delicious recipes:
- Mixing bowl
- Spoon and/or rubber spatula
- Firstly, stir together the oat flour, almond flour, coconut sugar and salt.
- Add the maple syrup, plant based milk and peanut butter. Stir together really well, using your hands if necessary, until a sticky cookie dough ball forms.
- Finally, fold in the chocolate chips using a rubber spatula. Grab a spoon and enjoy!