Yes, these Vegan Chocolate Chip Cheesecake-Stuffed Strawberries are healthy. So healthy you can eat them for breakfast. And they’re vegan! They’re indulgent (did we mention they taste like cheesecake?!), but the protein from the cashews in the recipe helps keep you full. They make a great summertime dessert—if you’re serving them to a crowd, cut the tips off the strawberries and stand them on a platter!
- 3/4 cup raw whole cashews soaked in water overnight (8 hours)
- 2 –3 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp Grade B maple syrup or raw agave nectar if you're following a strict raw diet
- 1 tbsp cacao nibs or chopped dark chocolate
- 1 lb strawberries hulled
- 1 tbsp ground flaxseed
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- Combine cashews, 2 tablespoons of water, coconut oil, lemon juice, and maple syrup in blender or food processor.
- Blend until smooth, scraping sides of blender if necessary. If mixture is too thick or the blade of the blender gets stuck, add an additional tablespoon of water.
- Fold in cacao nibs or chocolate chips.
- Place mixture in bowl, cover, and refrigerate until firm, 2–3 hours.
- Combine flaxseed and cinnamon in a small bowl.
- Use a spoon to fill each strawberry with cashew cheesecake mixture.
- Sprinkle tops with flaxseed mixture and serve.