This Tortellini with Roasted Pepper Sauce is what we call a simple recipe—all you need is some stuffed pasta and a vegetable. But not only is this recipe simple, it's also super tasty!
In this recipe I use tortellini to switch it up from the traditional penne and spaghetti.
Quick tip: If want to remove the skin from your roasted peppers, remove peppers from the oven, put the pepper pieces in a paper bag, and wait a few minutes. Once the bag fills with steam, you will be able to easily remove the pepper skins with a knife.
- 375 g tortellini stuffed with cheese
- 3 large red peppers
- 2 cloves garlic
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp Balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp butter
- 3 tbsp basil chopped
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Cut the peppers into large pieces and brush them with olive oil on both sides.
- Cook peppers in the oven for 30 minutes, checking regularly. As soon as the peppers begin to turn black, turn them over and cook on the other side as well.
- Remove from the oven and let peppers come to room temperature.
- Cut the red peppers into small cubes and mix with garlic, 3 tbsp olive oil, and balsamic vinegar; mix into a puree. Pour puree into a saucepan and simmer for 10 minutes over low heat.
- Boil salted water in another saucepan and cook the tortellini for the time indicated on the package.
- Drain the tortellini. Just before serving, add the butter to the pepper puree. Mix the tortellini with pepper sauce, top with basil, and serve immediately.