These Lemon Sugar Cookies are delicious and tangy. You can vary your choice of citrus and use orange, lime, or even grapefruit in this recipe.
Tangy Lemon Sugar Cookies
- Prep Time: 25
- Cook Time: 12
- Total Time: 37 minutes
- Yield: 36 1x
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp lemon zest, finely grated
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- In a bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In a larger bowl, beat butter, brown sugar, and sugar with an electric mixer until mixture is light and puffy.
- Add egg, zest, and vanilla while beating. Turn mixer to low speed and stir in the dry ingredients.
- Divide the dough in half and shape each portion into a disc. Wrap each dough disc with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Make little balls with the dough and place them on a baking sheet. Press them a little with your hand.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 350°F for about 12 minutes or until bottom and edge of cookies are lightly browned.
- Place on a rack and let cool for 1 minute.